Friday, June 5, 2009

Steamrolling


Take care of it now or deal with it forever.

My sis says, "Eat the frog for breakfast." How often do I allow those things that need to be done to weigh on me before I finally bite the bullet and take care of it? It's such a release to finally do whatever it is that needs to be done, so why not do it NOW?

Or you can always Steamroll....

I am a steamroller at heart- someone who likes to get started on a project and go and go until it's done. If I run out of steam...the chances of me getting back to it and finishing it are SOOOOO slim. And this is why I steamroll. Plus- I love the feeling of completion. It's AMAZING how many things you can steamroll. Freezer dinners. Meal planning. Photo books for the year. Preschool curriculum. Party preparation. Home organization. The possibilities are endless!

A couple of days ago, I had every speck of laundry in my house fresh and clean... and folded neatly in the drawers- it was AWESOME! It lasted approximately 2 hours. Then my honey came home, took off his work clothes, and lovingly tossed them in the sparkling EMPTY laundry basket. Now, he did exactly as he should have- and I'm grateful. But a teeny part of me whispered *sigh.*

The thing is...like laundry, there are very few things in life you can steamroll through and call it good. Most of the time you are going to HAVE to do it again- and herein lies my problem. I'm never truly done...PLUS, if I'm steamrolling, typically the rest of my responsibilities fall to the wayside, so there's more to do now than there would have been had I kept up with the usual. Oops!

So what to do?! Time to slow down the steamrolling...as much as I love it....and figure out how to fit in time for a new project while keeping the rest of my responsibilities under control. We'll see!

Today I am grateful for sweet smelling lotion following a great workout and a long cool shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment