Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happiness is a Choice


Choose to be happy!

I LOVE pineapple. I usually eat it until I burn my mouth. I don't like when my mouth is burnt. So if I know what will happen if I down half a pineapple, why do I do it?

Self-control is a hard thing to exercise when it comes to something so EASY to indulge in. Pineapple, for one. Attitude, for another. Sometimes I think, 'I really shouldn't let this get to me'...and then I can't stop thinking about it, and it puts a damper on my whole day. I believe this is one of those instances where the easy thing is to indulge in the bad attitude. The hard thing is to smile amidst adversity and decide to be happy regardless of what happens.

As my Mom says, "The glass is ALWAYS half full."

Today I'm going to choose to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment