Monday, June 8, 2009

I've Only Just Begun


The last day of my 20s is here. I feel bittersweet about this- I was excited, but now I'm feeling a bit apprehensive. Thirty? Really? That's so old!!! It was a good decade- many of my 'life goals' were accomplished- If life was a recipe, I'd say I've added the major ingredients, and now it's time for the seasoning. :-) The fun has just begun!

In short, my twenties entailed:
- Living away from home
- Having my heart broken
- Finding an amazing man and marrying him
- Learning more about my body than I imagined possible (there's so much no one tells you....)
- Giving birth to three boys and one girl (including twins!)
- Learning how to live on very little sleep
- Graduating college with a bachelor's and a master's degree
- Owning a few homes
- Moving a few times
- Closing on a house by myself while hubby was serving Uncle Sam
- Owning a pet
- Giving pet to 'another family where he can have a friend'
- Learning to keep a plant alive
- Becoming a landlord
- Living outside of the country
- Earning a real salary
- Learning to cook
- Learning to bake homemade rolls and gigantic chocolate chip cookies....they melt in your mouth!!
- Undergoing surgery more than once (only twice dealing with child-birth)
- Learning to care for a home
- Come to appreciate the need for 'girl's nights'
- Hugging a shark (how crazy is that?!)
- Learning to accept the circle of life
- Learning to trust God and His path for our lives
- And so much more!!

To live up my final twenties, my hubby and I stayed up until midnight, ate ice cream and hot fudge, watched a movie, and enjoyed each other's company. We also made breakfast casserole so we wouldn't have to cook in the morning. He doesn't often join me in the kitchen, so this was a special treat he gave me for my birthday. :-) It was a wonderful end to an event-filled decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment