Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Smoothing those Edges!


Water is an amazing thing. It can cleanse. It can refresh. It can sustain life. It can carve canyons out of stone. It is used as a representation of the blood our Savior spilled as He pleaded for the redemption of each of our sins.

Water removes all the rough edges- those edges on this fallen tree, and those edges on our soul that we turn over to Christ and He washes away.

Every now and then I find myself in situations that allow me to see myself with more clarity than I did previously. I wonder if I am going to internalize the entirety of the understanding before me, or if it's going to merely pass as a fleeting thought. To name a few of the things leading my list this week: I am blessed to have such a strong, loving family- not only the family I grew up with, but also the family I've created. I can be responsible for much more than I knew, and to be fair I should do it without complaint. I interrupt people entirely too often by assuming I know what they're going to say. Doing this really annoys me and I want to change that habit as soon as possible. I don't have to put nearly the pressure on myself that I thought- things will still get done, and I will feel so much less stress. I love to be busy. I love to plan my day. When I plan my day to be busy, I end the day completely exhausted, but happy and full of accomplishment.

I have lots of rough edges- hopefully this week I will facilitate some 'smoothing' by admitting there are places I could start....and then figuring out how to start....and then starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment